Zucchini Turkey Chili – a tasty and healthy Fall treat the whole family is sure to love and get a good dose of vegetables. 21 Day Fix approved.
(For all canned ingredients be sure to read the label and ensure that there is only the ingredient and water.)
- Ground Turkey – 1 lb
- Kidney Beans – 1 Can
- Diced Tomatoes – 1 Large Can
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
- Cheese of your choice
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 2 hours
- Brown Ground Turkey in a saucepan with some Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, and Black Pepper. It is important to begin seasoning your turkey now as it can turn out very bland otherwise.
- Add Diced tomatoes and half of your onion chopped in a food processor or blender. Blend until ingredients are blended well.
- Add tomato and onion mixture to crock pot. Set to high heat.
- Dice the other half of the onion.
- Cut Zucchini into wedges.
- Add Browned Ground Turkey, Kidney Beans ( I like to add a bit of the juice from the can, but not the whole can), Diced Onions, and Zucchini wedges to the Tomato and Onion
Mixture in the crock pot. Stir mixture together well.
- Add in seasoning. This is done to taste but add at least 2 tablespoons of Chili Powder, 1 of Garlic Powder, and then a teaspoon of Black Pepper, Cumin, Paprika, and Onion Powder. Then adjust to taste.
- Leave in crock pot on high for 1 hour. It should hit a boil during this time. Stir and taste, adjust seasoning if needed.
- Let Chili continue to cook on Low for an additional hour. The Zucchini should be soft and this is the best way to know your Zucchini Turkey Chili is ready to enjoy.
- Add a bit of shredded cheese to the top of your Zucchini Turkey Chili and Enjoy!
21 Day Fix Approve this recipe
1 red -ground turkey
1 green- diced tomatoes, onions, zucchini
1 yellow – kidney beans
1/2 blue – shredded cheese
If meal prepping this recipe and making a large batch the best way to make it fix approved is to use your containers for how many serving sizes you would like. So say I want to make 6 servings. I will put 6 reds of Browned Ground Turkey, 6 greens of the Diced Tomato Onion mixture and Zucchini, 6 yellow of Kidney Beans all in the Crock Pot. Add in your seasoning to taste. Then a serving size should be about 2 cups when you dish out your servings into Tupperware. You can just divide the crock pots contents by 6. Divide the mixture, refrigerate, and enjoy throughout the week. Add cheese after container has been reheated.
Share pictures and any changes you made to the recipe below in the comment section!