Program: 21 Day Fix Extreme
This is an adjustment from last week because there are quit a few more containers on my list! But none the less it was tasty! Some days I struggled with getting my last carb in. And I used some of the 80/20 lifestyle rule and indulged in these seasonal Pumpkin Spice Cheerios! Come on! Who doesn’t love a good pumpkin spice product! That being said there was a lot of coffee drinking going on to get this sweating Texan in the Fall mood. Black coffee life is what I am all about. Alright well here is the rundown:
Breakfast: This really is a consistent breakfast for me. I love getting 2 of my carbs out of the way first thing in the morning so I have more chances to burn them!
- 1 Red of 2 Eggs
- 1 Green of Veggies sautéed in my eggs
- 1 Purple of fruit
- 1 Yellow of Ezekiel Bread
- 1 Yellow of sweet potatoes with cinnamon
Snack 1: This is when I like to have my shake for snack.
- 1 Red of Chocolate Shakeology
- 0.5 Green of Kale or Spinach
- 2 Purple of fruit of choice. Typically Strawberries or Bananas.
Lunch: I found a recipe in Southern Living (October 2016 issue) for the White Bean and Pork Chili. With some minor modifications was incredibly good and fix approved! I switched the Ground Pork for Ground Turkey. Added in Spinach and Zucchini. And ditched most the salt. It was so incredibly good! I highly recommend giving it a shot. And it made a pretty plate too!
- 1 Red Ground Turkey
- 1.5 Green: Spinach, Zucchini, Poblano Pepper, Onion, Green Chilis
- 1 Yellow of White Northern Beans
- 1 Yellow of Chicken Broth
- 1 Purple of fruit on the side
Snack 2: I typically have these snacks separate so that I don’t go too long without eating before dinner. Fruit and Veggies at one point. Then the Yogurt and Granola together.
- 1 Green of snacking veggies (ie: Cucumbers, Carrots, Celery)
- 1 Purple Fruit of Choice
- 1 Red Greek Yogurt
- 1 Yellow of Granola (put in yogurt)
Dinner: I LOVED the dinner I found for this week! Saw the recipe floating around Facebook and had to fix-ify it! Is that a word? Now it is! You can find the original recipe here. I traded regular bacon for Turkey Bacon. And Gorgonzola cheese for Bleu Cheese because I am just not a huge fan.
- 3 Green both Spinach and Spaghetti Squash
- 2 Red of 8 Slices of Turkey Bacon
- 1 Blue Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 Orange of Crushed Walnuts.
We also went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse this week and had quite an eventful dinner from the influx of black crickets in the area that had somehow made it into the restaurant.? I had a Grilled Chicken Salad. Asked for no croutons or dressing. And put my own Braggs Amino dressing on it. Do not hesitate to bring your own dressing to a restaurant. No one will care and no one will probably notice! 1 Red of Grilled Chicken, 1 Red of Boiled Eggs, 3 Green of Lettuce and Veggies, 1 Blue of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Orange of Dressing.
What was on your menu?